IELTS: (INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TESTING SYSTEM)
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test. IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 1100 test centres and locations in over 140 countries. It is designed to assess the language abilities of those who wish to work or study in countries where English is the primary language of communication. It is recognised by over 10,000 organisations, including universities, government agencies and corporations. IELTS is the world’s most popular and most reliable English language testing system. Over 3 million IELTS tests were taken in the last year.
||1 Month 20 Days (3 Hours per session)
||Monday to Friday: 07.00am – 09.00pm
||Depends on the students Level
||Any Age Group
||from A2 elementary to C2 proficiency
|MAXIMUM STUDENTS PER CLASS:
Two types of IELTS tests are available:
Academic or General Training, depending on whether you want to work, study or Immigrate.The Academic module is for those who want to study or train in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the results of the Academic test.
The General Training module is for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. It is also suitable for those wishing to emigrate to Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK.
The IELTS test is currently a paper-based test only. Both the Academic and General Training modules have four parts: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The written part of the test (Listening, Reading and Writing) generally takes place on Saturday mornings between 11.00am – 5.00pm. The Speaking part of the test can take place one week before or after the main test date. You must be available during this period.
Candidates are graded on their performance, using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test listening, reading, writing and speaking. The results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score.
Cambridge English Academy runs specialized IELTS courses. Students will study for 15 hours during weekdays and weekends (8.00am – 8pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm and Sunday 10.00am – 3.00pm ) combining general English along with dedicated IELTS preparation.All of our teachers are highly skilled in the areas of Exam Preparation and will also correct additional work whether it be practice papers or extra homework for our students.
Some of our most senior teachers with up to 13 years’ experience teach our exam preparation classes.
Students who have booked a general English course may also add on IELTS classes and we have a special offer currently for these add on classes.
IELTS ACADEMIC and GENERAL PREPARATION 6 WEEK and 4 WEEK COURSES
NOTE: Classes By Foreigner Trainer
Qualified, friendly, native teachers experienced in helping students to achieve their desired IELTS score (We have helped many students achieve from a 6.5 to an 8.5, we have also helped many doctors score their 7.5 to register with the General Medical Council) tips, techniques, vocabulary and grammar for READING, WRITING, SPEAKING & LISTENING tests. We mark your work and focuses on helping you overcome your weaknesses.
- Skimming and scanning techniques to help you select the correct answers in the small amount of time given in the IELTS reading test.
- Understanding ‘Yes, no, not given’ questions and how to answer them correctly
- Tips on Matching headings
- Locating Information in a text
- Effective time management Listening:
- Tips on achieving a 7 band score or above in Listening
- Techniques on selecting the correct answers in all 4 parts of the Listening test
- Listening practice of Official IELTS past test papers
- Effective time management Writing:
- Vocabulary needed for Task 1
- Grammar required to get a 7 band score or above in Task 1
- How to structure an academic task 1 report on all possible questions that may appear in the IELTS writing test i.e. reporting information about a graph, bar chart, pie chart etc.
- How to use academic vocabulary for task 2 correctly, to gain a 7 band score or above
- Planning and structuring Writing Task 2
- Effective time management Speaking:
- Practice of full speaking test with a native teachers
- Focus on improving your pronunciation and fluency which will give you a better chance of getting a higher score in the speaking test
- Continuous practice of speaking test with fellow students
- And much more!Also, you will receive a one to one tutorial with me, to give you guidance, support and advice.
- Students per class: 3 Maximum
- Duration: Up to 6 weeks
- Start Dates: Every Monday
- Mode of Study: Morning + Afternoon + Evening
- Number of hours: 15
- Level: Advanced
- Minimum Age: 15 Years
IELTS Marking System
Choose your Batch Timing
Classes 5 Days a week (Monday to Friday)
7 am to 9 am
8 am to 10 am
9 am to 11 am
10 am to 12 noon
11 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 4 pm
3 pm to 5 pm
4 pm to 6 pm
5 pm to 7 pm
6 pm to 8 pm